Each person in the PCC community must stay glued to a rule of accountable behavior. This document communicates the objectives that PCC has of pupils, and it is designed to educate and guide pupils to know their duties. This Code is aligned utilizing the College’s Non-Discrimination declaration and shall never be administered in a manner that is discriminatory. Every work will soon be meant to balance the wants and rights regarding the person utilizing the welfare associated with grouped community all together. This Code applies to all pupils, recognized pupil companies, and sets of pupils. In addition, pupils that are signed up for particular academic programs are required to adhere to those associated educational and expert criteria.
Consensual Relationship Statement
Note: The Consensual Relationship declaration is currently under review. For the absolute most up-to-date policy, go to the workplace of Equity and Inclusion.
The school seeks to keep up expert, reasonable, and relationships that are unbiased faculty/staff and pupils. This mission is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff get into consensual relationships that are romantic their pupils. Concerns of fairness, favoritism and coercion may arise. Consequently, faculty/staff must not take part in consensual intimate relationships using their present students. Download the Consensual Relationship Declaration.
View the complete declaration
In addition, people who supervise or assess the ongoing work of pupils should be observed become making their choices fairly and without favoritism. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come right into consensual relationships that are romantic their pupils.
Faculty and staff are cautioned that consensual relationships that are romantic their pupils can be unwise and problematic, and latin brides really should be prevented. Whenever consensual intimate relationships happen, concerns of fairness, favoritism, and coercion arise:
- Such relationships may undermine the true or recognized integrity for the guidance supplied, additionally the trust that is particular into the student-faculty relationship.
- Relationships by which one celebration is in a situation to examine the task, or impact the career associated with the other may possibly provide grounds for grievance whenever that relationship seems to offer undue access or benefit, limits possibilities, or produces an aggressive and unsatisfactory environment for other individuals.
- Such relationships may, furthermore, be less consensual than the person whose place confers energy believes. The partnership will probably be recognized in numerous methods by each one of the events to it, specially in retrospect. While many relationships can start and stay harmonious, they have been vunerable to being characterized as disrespectful and unprofessional to other people.
Consequently, faculty/staff must not take part in consensual intimate relationships using their students that are current.
The student should be discouraged from enrolling in courses taught by the instructor or entering into work situations in which she/he would be supervised by the staff member if a faculty or staff member has a pre-existing consensual romantic/sexual relationship with a student. The faculty/staff member should remove him/herself from academic or professional decisions concerning the student if the student does enroll in the course or work for the staff member.
Should a faculty/staff user and their pupil result in a sexual harassment fee, the school is obligated to research and resolve the cost relative to the issue procedure into the Non-harassment Policy.
Young ones on PCC Properties
Kids are welcome on Portland Community university campuses and properties in appropriate circumstances and even though actively monitored by way of a moms and dad, guardian, or accountable adult. This policy describes the school’s method of making sure reasonable actions are taken up to protect the scholarly research and work environment regarding the university, in addition to wellness, security, and obligation problems related to kiddies on PCC properties. Download the young Children on PCC qualities policy.
Kids on campus Scope
This policy pertains to children that are minorchildren) underneath the chronilogical age of 16 who aren’t formally signed up for classes or used by the faculty. This policy doesn’t affect arranged tasks such as for instance going to a subscribed son or daughter care center, after college care tasks, college industry trips, and authorized programs including, although not limited by, athletic occasions, theater productions, art programs, along with other activities aiimed at kids.
Pupils underneath the chronilogical age of 16 that are formally enrolled, as well as for whom an underage that is authorized kind is on file aided by the Admissions Office, have a similar legal rights, responsibilities and privileges of any other student into the class room as well as on university properties.
The faculty seeks to supply a breeding ground that is conducive to examine and work. Kiddies should be earnestly monitored by their moms and dad, guardian, or adult that is responsible all instances when these are typically on university properties.
University staff, faculty and administrators have actually the duty to direct the elimination of a young kid relative to part 3.6 for this policy.
Unaccompanied kiddies: because of security and obligation dilemmas, except as otherwise defined in this policy, under no circumstances may unsupervised young ones be on university properties, including playing, roaming, and campus that is occupying or structures.
Any university worker whom discovers a child that is unaccompanied university properties should notify Public Safety of this precise location of the son or daughter.
Young ones can not be permitted in places where their existence is troublesome or where health, security, and obligation dangers are identified. Areas by which young ones are NOT allowed include:
- Testing facilities
- Classrooms (as soon as the teacher determines that the existence of kiddies could be unsuitable)
- Laboratories and laboratory preparation areas
- Scientific, technical and upkeep work areas
- Fine or performing arts work areas or studios Areas that have dangerous chemical substances, equipment or gear
- Commercial kitchen areas along with other food preparation areas
- Fitness gyms
Areas can be defined as unsuitable for kids because of a risk evaluation and supervisors associated with particular areas are needed to notify staff and pupils of demands or limitations.
PCC transport solutions
Whenever young ones are people in just about any PCC automobile, including shuttle buses, the operators of those cars are not accountable for making sure child people meet son or daughter security needs. It is the obligation of this care provider to make sure that any young kid associated them meet up with the child security needs. Where safety restraints aren’t available, the care provider will make sure the son or daughter is correctly seated to reduce accident that is possible damage. Failure to comply with these directions can lead to care and child provider being rejected transportation (as relevant to ORS 811.210).
Duty of this University
- To offer a breeding ground conducive to examine and work with all pupils, staff and site visitors.
- To present an excellent and study that is safe work place for many pupils, staff and site visitors also to conform to legislative needs.
- To simply simply take steps that are reasonable help pupils, staff and site site visitors and also require special has to allow usage of facilities and services.
Obligations of individuals children that are bringing the school
- To just take steps that are reasonable safeguard the safety and health associated with the kids within their care while on university properties.
- To take into account the possible danger to the safe practices of other people that could have bringing kiddies to the university environment and also to just simply take reasonable actions to shield against those dangers.
- To result in the behavior associated with young young ones inside their care, in order to not ever disrupt, inconvenience or endanger staff, pupils or other site site visitors.
Duties of PCC staff and teachers
To removal that is direct of kid according to this policy if:
- The kid’s health or security has reached danger;
- The little one is presenting wellness, security or obligation danger to home or others;
- The kid’s behavior is causing undue interruption to the task of pupils or staff; or
- The clear presence of a young son or daughter is unsuitable.
Teachers are responsible to direct the elimination of kids from their class. Any member of staff on duty has the authority to direct that children be removed from the area in the case of public areas.
Pupils who would like to allure a particular situation, or whom neglect to comply, may stick to the Code of Student Conduct hearing procedure as outlined into the PCC Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
For problems, concerns, and much more information regarding the procedure, contact email@example.com
The Student Development Committee Chair: Wendy Palmer for internal questions about these policies, contact